Do you have a swarm you need help with, see a swarm that needs saving?
Do you have a honey bee hive established in a location that you are looking for help removing?
If the swarm/hive is in York County, Maine…
Please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- What is your first and last name?
- What is your email address?
- What is your phone number?
- Have you definitively identified the insects as honey bees?
- Where is the swarm/hive (town and street address)?
- How large is the swarm (baseball, football, basketball)?
- What has the swarm landed on (tree, bush, house)?
- How high up is the swarm/hive? Are ladders or other equipment needed to reach it?
- How long has the swarm been there since it was noticed?
- Are there any special concerns in the area? (E.g. children, water hazards, bees in the house, etc.)
- Have you called anybody else about this? (We don’t want to be tripping over anybody else)
- Has anybody sprayed, hit, or done anything else harmful to the bees? If so, please describe.
A digital picture of the swarm/hive location attached to the email can be very helpful.
If the swarm/hive is NOT in York County, Maine…
Report the swarm to the Maine State Beekeepers Association on the web at
Alternatively, call the MSBA at 207-619-4BEE (207-619-4233)