Monday 11, 2013
Karen Thurlow – Experienced Beekeeper, Master Gardener, Herbalist
Problems with the hive as it relates to queens
Her talk to the club would be a bit like this:
1. How to tell you have a queen verses a laying worker or no queen.
2. How to requeen, introduce a queen to a queenless hive, should you have attendants in her cage or not,
3. Different types of queen cages and how to insert them,
4. Should you mark your queen, clip her wings, or do nothing ?
5. How to find the queen. Is it important to see her or just see evidence of her?
6. Inserting queen cells, using a queen catcher,
7. Different races of queens.