The meeting will be held at 6:30 – 8:30 PM at the library in the Sanford Junior High School.
- Meeting Opens at 6:30
- Officers Reports
- Treasurer’s Report – Phillis Mewer
- Secretary’s Report – Sheila Conway
- Membership Director – Alyson King
- Old Business
- Elections – Nominations were open to the floor none received. A motion was made to have the secretary cast one ballot for the slate of candidates in leu of a private ballot. Second was made and the passed unanimously.
- Ball Jar Relay
- New Business
- Bee Informed Partnership’s Sentinel Apiary Program
- Speaking Events – We have been invited to the Kennebunk earth day event again this year.
- Feature Speaker – Phil Gavin of The Honey Exchange, Portland, ME
He has been a beekeeper for the last 10 years, during which time his hobby turned into a passion, and the passion became a business. He gives dozens of talks about beekeeping every year. He is an active member of the Cumberland County Beekeeping Club, the Maine State Beekeeping Association, and has been certified as a Master Beekeeper by the Eastern Apicultural Society. Phil has mentored scores of new beekeepers and currently manages about 20 colonies in various locations. “Honey: Beyond the Plastic Squeezy Bear”. He’ll be discussing the rainbow of color, texture, flavor, and aromas of honey from near and far. We’ll touch on other ways honey can be prepared and presented and everyone can enjoy a large tasting of honey from around the world.
- Special Notes:
- Snacks provided
- 50/50 raffle
- Next Meeting:
- Monday, February 12, 2018 @ 6:30
- Meeting Adjourns