• Register for the Maine Beekeepers Annual Meeting and Conference taking place on Saturday, November 14, 2015 in Hampden
• Harvest fall honey crop and remove supers around September 10-20.
• Extract ripe honey.
• Partially filled supers should be fed back to the bees above the inner cover.
• Reduce entrances, apply brood medications and apply mite treatments after the supers are removed from hives.
• Prevent hives from robbing.
• Start marking your calendar with the most interesting events at your local bee club.
This monthly post is adapted from “The Beekeepers Calendar, A Year In The Apiary-Central Maine” by Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist