– Be sure to Register for the Maine State Beekeepers Annual Meeting taking place on Saturday, November 14, 2015 in Hampden.
(Early Bird Registration Deadline: November 7, 2014 – Registration fee goes up to $45.00 after deadline.)
– Confirmed Speakers include:
Michael Palmer, owner of French Hill Apiaries in St. Albans, Vermont and former Vermont Beekeepers Association president.
- Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist
- Students from the University of Maine Insect Ecology and Insect Pest Management department.
– Finish feeding medicated syrup and the 3rd Terramycin dust application by mid-October, if that is something you do
– Remove mite treatments in accordance with the label toward the end of the month.
This monthly post is adapted from “The Beekeepers Calendar, A Year In The Apiary-Central Maine” by Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist