– Be sure to Register for the Maine State Beekeepers Annual Meeting taking place on Saturday, November 14, 2015 in Hampden.
(Early Bird Registration Deadline: November 7, 2014 – Registration fee goes up to $45.00 after deadline.)
– Confirmed Speakers include:
Michael Palmer, owner of French Hill Apiaries in St. Albans, Vermont and former Vermont Beekeepers Association president.
- Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist
- Students from the University of Maine Insect Ecology and Insect Pest Management department.
* Provide upper ventilation.
* Remove mite treatments prior to wintering or wrapping the colony.
* Wrap colonies with tar paper or commercial wrap and provide with an insulating board or moisture absorbing material (Homasote) by Thanksgiving.
* Sell honey at craft fairs, etc.
* Register for a Bee School course that is one level up from you current knowledge level.
* Read periodicals.
This monthly post is adapted from “The Beekeepers Calendar, A Year In The Apiary-Central Maine” by Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist