- Leave the bees alone and hope for a January thaw so the bees can have a cleansing flight.
- Register for the North American Beekeeping Conference & Tradeshow (ABF Annual Conference)
January 10-14, 2012 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reserve your spot for the Vermont Beekeepers Meeting on January 24th, 2012
- Assemble and repair beekeeping equipment.
- Purchase new equipment if necessary – remember, lots of bee equipment manufacturers offer free shipping in December.
- Sign up for a beekeeping course offered by Extension, Adult Education or local beekeeping association.
This monthly post is adapted from “The Beekeepers Calendar, A Year In The Apiary-Central Maine” by Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist