• Register (and start packing) for EAS (Eastern Apiculture Society) Conference – August 10-14, 2015 at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada – Highly recommended for any Beekeeper who want to raise their levels of skill and knowledge.
• Harvest honey the 1st week of August if not done in July.
• Super hives during goldenrod bloom if needed.
• If summer honey was not harvested, top super for goldenrod/fall honey flow.
• Unite weak hives and position brood and honey stores in anticipation of winter.
• Attend an “Open Hive” at your local Bee Club
This monthly post is adapted from “The Beekeepers Calendar, A Year In The Apiary-Central Maine” by Tony Jadczak, Maine State Apiarist