May 16, 2012, 7-9 p.m.
Location: the home of Jeannette & Michael Cardin
In attendance: Mick Cardin, Skip Estes, Karen Harter, Marjorie McKeon, Sue & Mark Faunce, Tim & Colleen Tims, Barbi Ives
Barbi Ives paid membership for the club to be made an official MSBA chapter. The club will need to make a plan for keeping this membership paid every year ($15/year).
Larry Peiffer, a beekeeping teacher and founder of the York Club, advised that the group needs to elect officers and provide contact information that people know how to get in touch with our club.
Decisions we made as a group:
- We elected officers – Barbi Ives, secretary; Colleen Tims, treasurer. No one volunteered to be president. Barbi will be the Club contact for website and other promotion.
- Karen Harter will make a Facebook page for the club.
- Barbi Ives will build up the Club page on MSBA.
- Membership fees will be $3/year for individuals. We voted $6/year for couples, but the custom is to to have household fees be twice an individual, so that might make sense if we ever get more than one person in a household.
- We want to meet in a larger, more public location that remains consistent. Some members decided to ask about Baldwin’s library, the Federated Church in Cornish, and the Horizon Building in South Hiram. Location should have good parking, good space for more than 10 people and presentations, and be free.
- We decided that we should rotate snacks for our meetings.
- When we were close to leaving, there was a call for Open Hives instead of meetings during the summer. Barbi offered to try to schedule Open Hives online. The Tims’ offered to host the first OH.