There seems to be allot of discussion as what a normal reaction is to a honey bee sting, And what is an allergic reaction to a honey bee sting. These are the signs that point out the differences between the two.
|Unusual skin color||*||*||*|
|Variable pulse rate & strength||*||*||*|
|Swelling of face or throat||*|
|Low blood pressure or shock||*|
|Skin may feel cold or hot||*|
|Perspiration heavy or absent||*|
|Hot dry skin||*|
1. Administer epinephrine (available by prescription).
2. Administer Benadryl if symptoms are still mild and
doing so doesn’t interfere with item 3.
3. Transport to hospital.
4. Perform CPR and treat for shock if necessary.
1. Lie down in cool place with feet slightly raised.
2. Slowly drink water – lightly salted if possible.
1. Cool patient as quickly as possible.
2. Transport to hospital.
3. Adjust cooling efforts to victim’s temperature.